Packaging Made Easy

Corrugated Packaging

Q. What is the correct way to measure a box?

A. Box dimensions are always INSIDE mm as Length x Width x Height. The reason for the inside dimensions is to determine whether your item(s) will fit

Q. Can I print on my box?

A. Yes for sure! We can print up to 6 colours. Generally the price of the box will only increase when you start printing 2 or more colours. In order to print, a stereo needs to be made. A stereo is a resin negative of the print required. This is a once off payment for this and you then own the stereo.

Q. What if I need a high gloss box?

A. These are generally priced at a bit of a premium. A high gloss paper is laminated to your brown kraft box. The finish has a high end look

Q. What is a die cut box?

A. This is a specially manufactured box which requires a “metal tool” to basically cut out the shape of the box. A die is a pattern on small knives that are inserted onto a half cylindrical wooden board

Q. What if I need a special size box?

A. No problem, we will either need a full batch of whatever product you are going to be putting in to measure up the correct dimension and to decide what board grade we require to carry the weight.

Q. Are there different styles of boxes?

A. Yes, however the box that we would mostly think of is an RSC (Regular Slotted Carton). There are many different styles of boxes. Please refer to our Corrugated Products section under manufactured

Q. What methods are available to close cartons?

A. Gluing – a specialised, strong adhesive is used to close cartons such as stock boxes and standard RSC’s

Stitching – Use of A58 Copper Staples to close the sides of a carton with a stitching machine. Used for very large, heavy duty cartons

Glue Gun – Closing of teletrays is sometimes easier with the use of a glue gun instead of a stapler, as staples may scratch the product in some cases.

Q. Are there different board grades?

A. Depending on what product you will be placing in the box, different board grades are available. 3 popular boards are available such as B-Flute which is 2.5mm thick and used mainly for smaller RSC’s and die cut boxes. C-Flute is 3.5mm thick used for larger RSC’s and some die cut boxes. This profile allows for more structural strength than B-Flute.E-Flute is 1.5mm thick and used for smaller die cut boxes where not much structural strength is required or where product takes weight and point of sale

Q. What is the difference between Single Wall Board (SWB) and Double Wall Board (DWB)?

A. Generally SWB is one layer of 3mm fluting with an outer and an inner liner. DWB is 6mm with the same.


Q. What is the plain brown tape I see on most corrugated boxes?

A. This is called buff tape and the most popular size is 48mm x 50m.

Q. Can I print my company logo onto my packaging tape?

A. Yes, we can print up to 3 colours on white, clear or buff tape. You will be required to pay for a stereo once off.

Q. I am looking for the tape which looks like it has fibres running through it?

A. This is filament tape and is extremely strong as it has glass fibres reinforcing BOPP Backing, synthetic rubber adhesive. It is used for bundling and carton reinforcement

Q. My packaging tape is not sticking properly?

A. Suggested storage temperature ranges from 15 to 25°C. It is also preferable not to apply tape at temperatures lower than 10°C.  Any lower temperature than this and you may encounter problems. For this reason you may encounter problems in winter. In addition to this all tape is pressure sensitive meaning when you apply you need to ensure that the tape is applied with sufficient pressure to stick to the box or plastic.


Q. What is the difference between Stretch wrap and Shrink wrap?

A. This is actually easier than you think! We refer to stretch wrap as Pallet Wrap (some people even call this cling wrap) you need to stretch it and wrap around the product you wish to protect. It will then stick onto itself and will become tighter due to the memory in the material. Shrink Wrap on the other hand requires heat to shrink it around a product. Think of a 6 pack of coca cola cans

Q. How do I measure a plastic bag?

A. Width x Length in mm. Always measure the open side of the bag first to get your width

Q. I need a plastic bag that has a zip lock to seal it?

A. This is referred to as a Mini Grip and you will find it under the “Plastics” section.

Q. The plastic bag I am looking for is slightly ‘crisp’ to the touch with a very high clarity. What plastic material is this?

A. You will find these under the “Plastics” section BOPP or Polyprop bags. Cellophane is very similar to BOPP with the only difference being that cellophane is biodegradable

Q. I need to extend the shelf life of my product

A. Use a plastic Vacuum bag whereby the oxygen is removed with a vacuum sealer

Strapping Seals & Buckles

Q. What is polypropylene strapping?

A. The most common type of strapping is polypropylene strapping which is available in Hand, Semi-Auto and Fully Auto depending on your application.

Q. I need strapping that is more flexible to the shape of my product.

A. Ti-Strapping is a woven polyester type of strapping and is useful for various applications due to its strength and ability to withstand extreme temperatures. Ti-strapping can easily be re-tensioned thus providing better load stability. Use in conjunction with knurled or circular buckles as well as with 19 or 32mm corner pieces to prevent strapping cutting into your product.

Q. Can I print on my Ti-Strapping?

A. Yes you can for about 8% more of the cost of plain TI-strapping

Q. I have an extremely heavy load what strapping should I use?

A. Steel Strapping is extremely strong and able to withstand heavy weights. We sell imported black painted and waxed steel strapping which is closed with steel seals

Printing your customised design onto your packaging

Q. What is IML (In Mould Label) printing?

A. In-mould labelling is the use of paper or plastic labels during the manufacturing of containers by blow moulding, injection moulding, or thermoforming processes. The label serves as the integral part of the final product, which is then delivered as pre-decorated item.

Q. What is the difference between CMYK and Pantone Colours?

A. In the crudest sense, that’s CMYK – Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black. A Pantone colour, on the other hand, is a specific colour that has its own ink well. It’s an industry-standard colour system and when printed professionally should always look the same.

Q. What format must my artwork be submitted if I need printing done?

A. We require a high resolution PDF to be submitted. If you need help with your artwork we can refer you as we do not have in house designer.